Yanfeng continues to be successful in achieving a strong customer order book and in earning a favorable reputation worldwide. We have several key capabilities that help bring our vision for a Better Life on Board and our Experience in Motion brand identity to life. Yanfeng is transforming how people experience vehicle interiors - creating the next living space where look, feel and function are seamlessly integrated.
The focus for our business continues to be on execution and efficiency, based on a strong foundational culture of Continuous Improvement. Execution and efficiency encompass all that we do, not just in manufacturing but in all areas of our business. We cannot do this alone, and through our efforts in continuous improvement and working together with our suppliers, we can all be successful.
Supplier Information & Forms
Our suppliers are key partners and an important resource for Yanfeng. We rely on the competitive high-quality products and services provided by our suppliers.
Our suppliers are key partners, as well as an important resource for Yanfeng. Supplier communications is an interactive platform for communication between Yanfeng and our suppliers.
YF Supplier Self-Service Portal (SSSP): To better collaborate with our supplier partners, Yanfeng (YF) has launched our new Supplier Self-Service Portal (SSSP) for our facilities. See the summary below for specific sites and the file for further instructions/details.
User ID & Initial Password: Email NA_SupplierSelfServicePortal@yanfeng.com or contact your YF buyer if you are supplying the EU or South Africa region
YF Mexico - specific: YF Addenda: YF has developed our own Addenda structure as part of the XML documents. This pertains to suppliers in Mexico that invoice to our YF Mexico entities.
We rely on high-quality products and services provided by our suppliers. To meet the high standards of our customers, Yanfeng expects our suppliers to meet the requirements outlined in our Supplier Standards Manual and other guidelines. To obtain the documents below, please reach out to your contact at Yanfeng.
- Supplier Standards Manual
- Global Supplier Standards Manual (Chinese)
- NA Supply Chain Management Standard
- YFAI Direct Offshore Injection Mold Tooling Responsibilities
- YFAI Injection Mold Tooling Responsibilities
- YFAI PS Injection Mold Tooling Responsibilities
- Supplier Change Request Workbook
- Yanfeng Gage Fixture Standards
- YFAI Security Standards
- Data Processing Terms
- YFAI General Routing Instruction
- Annual Supplier CC Process Audit Checklist
- YFAI Supplier Assessment Survey Workbook
- YFAI Supplier Assessment Survey Workbook (Chinese)
- NA Special Tooling Definition and Cost Guidelines
- NA Tooling Audit Worksheet Template
Terms and Conditions
Suppliers are required to adhere to the terms and conditions for the corresponding location of the Yanfeng facility where your products are shipped. Please contact your Yanfeng procurement representative for any questions regarding the terms and conditions applicable to you.
As the world's largest automotive interior systems manufacturer, Yanfeng is committed to providing our customers a better life on board. This vision is the core of every decision to ensure the future of mobility—from the inside.
YF delivers an experience in motion, and one way it's achieved is through supplier diversity.
Click here to read our Statement of Commitment to Supplier Diversity
Is your business diverse-owned?
A diverse-owned business is defined as a company that is at least 51 percent owned and operated by one or more diverse groups (i.e., minority or non-minority women, veteran/disabled VET, LGBT).
We require all our diverse-owned suppliers to register on our portal and be certified by one of the following third-party organizations:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- WE-Connect International
- National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC)
Working with Yanfeng
Follow these steps to register your business and connect with YF:
- Get certified by one of our preferred organizations: NMSDC, WBENC, WE-Connect, NVBDC
- Understand Yanfeng's business and what value your company can provide.
- Register in our supplier portal
We participate in many industry events
- WBENC Summit & Salute
- WEConnect International Symposium
- BMW Networking Event
- WBC-Great Lakes Annual Awards
- MMSDC Golf & Procurement Fair
- WBENC Annual Conference
- General Motors Supplier Connections
- Stellantis Matchmaker
- Great Lakes WBC Conference
- NMSDC Annual Conference
- One MMSDC (West Michigan)
- NVBDC Conference
- Toyota Opportunity Exchange
- MMSDC Awards
- Volkswagen Opportunity Exchange
Yanfeng has been internationally recognized for its supplier diversity process and program.
- Diversity Business Leader - Salute to Diversity Awards, Jacinto Blanco, by Corp! Magazine, 2021
- Corporation of the Year - ACE Award, by the Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council, 2019
- Executive of the Year - ACE Award, James Bos, by the Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council, 2019
- BMW Supplier Diversity Role Model Recognition Award, 2019
- General Motors Top Diversity Performer Gold Award, 2019
- Toyota Supplier Diversity Achievement Award, 2018
- Named Corporation of the Year by the Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1997, 1996
- Corporation of the Year – National Minority Supplier Development Council: 2008, 2003
- Global Link Award for International Supplier Diversity, National Minority Supplier Development Council, 2014
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Supplier of the Year Award for Supplier Diversity 2012
- Chrysler Corporation Role Model Award for Diverse Supplier Procurement Initiatives 1995 and 1997
Board of Directors:
Yanfeng is an active board member with the following organizations:
- Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council
- Great Lakes Women’s Business Development Council
- Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Tier 2 Expectations
Growing and maintaining a diverse supply chain is a business imperative. This is why we expect our supply base to adopt supplier diversity best practices in their own procurement process.
The following are measured annually through a supplier scorecard and recognition program:
- Submit an annual business plan to develop and increase diverse spend
- Report quarterly diverse spending with a 5% goal
- Identify an internal supplier diversity coordinator
- Become a national or regional member at one of our preferred organizations (see above)
- Active participation at industry outreach events and tradeshows
We facilitate Tier 2 business training sessions to help our suppliers achieve and exceed their diverse spending goals.
For more information please contact:
Jacinto Blanco—Senior Manager of Supplier Diversity
Yanfeng expects our suppliers to conduct their operations in a socially and environmentally responsible manner, including compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
In July 2010, US law: Section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act began to be enforced. The new law imposes requirements relating to "Conflict Minerals." Conflict minerals are "minerals mined in conditions of armed conflict and human rights abuses…." The law focuses on 4 Minerals, which are Tantalum, Tin, Tungsten & Gold (often called "3TG"). The Automotive Industry issued an official letter via AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group) in 2011, communicating expectations related to reporting and disclosure requirements for conflict minerals and human rights abuses. Companies listed on NY SC (New York Stock Exchange) have duties to provide a report to US authorities. Therefore, customers, e.g., Honda, Ford, GM, Toyota, expect Conflict Minerals reporting from Yanfeng (YF). To meet our various customer's expectations, YF must collect relevant Conflict Minerals information from our supplier chain.
- The preferred response tool is iPCMP (iPont Conflict Minerals Platform) which Basic License is free of charge
- Supplier Contact Letter: communication of CM responsible person to YF-EC-ConflictMinerals@yanfeng.com
- CMRT Template: developed by Conflict-Free Sourcing Initiative (CFSI) for Conflict Minerals supply chain investigation
Resources & Links:
- Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) Conflict Minerals
- YF Training Material for Conflict Minerals
To obtain the document below, please reach out to your contact at Yanfeng:
Supplier Sustainability Survey
Supplier interaction with certain applications ensures comprehensive communication and is key to a strong relationship with Yanfeng.
YF Supplier Self Service Portal (SSSP) - QAD/YF systems only
How to Become a Supplier
A streamlined, sophisticated supply chain helps us create sustainable value and ensure our customers' satisfaction. Recognizing that our suppliers are key links in that chain, we work to build and maintain lasting relationships with them.
Our worldwide suppliers are a strategically chosen group with a proven track record of quality, reliability and on-time delivery. They share our belief that mutual trust and high standards are essential to effective partnerships.
YF's Global Supplier Standards Manual is our standardized, global approach to managing suppliers, and it sets forth our expectations for ongoing collaboration and defines our policies and procedures. If you currently do not do business with us and would like to be contacted by our Procurement team, please complete and submit the following information.